4D motion analysis/gait analysis
Detecting and correcting movement disorders and postural abnormalities
Numerous functional limitations in the musculoskeletal system only become apparent during movement. With a special treadmill, 4D motion analysis allows us to perform a targeted analysis of the foot pressure distribution while walking. In addition, the stasis of the entire body can be measured without radiation through a camera system and a photo-optical measurement of the spine while walking. Since also the jaw joint often has an underestimated influence on our motion sequence, special testing is done for this as well.
4D motion analysis evaluates the interaction from all joints in motion at all body levels. This allows us to recognize uneconomical sequences of motion.
In many areas of rehabilitation following operations and sports medicine, this analysis is indispensable.
Motion analysis enables diagnosis of poor postures and incorrect loading in order to develop targeted individual therapy strategies for you. These strategies can range from individually adapted orthopedic shoe inserts, to special movement training, up to corrections of the jaw joint.
This method can even be used after injuries or surgeries to restore a healthy sequence of movements.
With repeat measurements, we can optimally track the success of therapy or also adjust it, if necessary.
This is how anomalies in the musculoskeletal system are detected early in preventative medicine, before problems arise.
Areas of application:
- Poor postures
- Pain in the musculoskeletal system from the foot to the knee joint
- Tilted pelvis
- Leg axis deviation
- Instabilities of the knee or ankle joints
- Runner’s knee
- Heel spur/plantar fasciitis
- Achilles tendon pain
- Stress fractures
- Knee joint complaints
- Postural assessment for children and adolescents to preventively avoid future complications
- Improvement of gait pattern after hip and knee joint replacement
- Therapy planning after sports injuries to the legs
- Back complaints, scoliosis, hunchback
- Optimization of gait pattern and posture to avoid complications